Vastu Shastra is the ancient science of architecture and there are some important rules for keeping the cash and ornaments in the house in order to double the inflow of wealth, more success and to avoid the adversities:
1. The cash box should always be placed in the North direction as it is the direction of Lord Kuber, the God of Wealth. The North direction is considered auspicious for keeping the cash or ornaments as it is believed to double the wealth and bring success.
2. It is considered inauspicious to keep the cash in South Direction as the Goddess Dev Lakshmi is said to travel from South and ultimately settle in the North.
3. If by any chance, the North Direction is not available, the other alternative for its location is the East Direction.
4. Make sure that you don’t place the cash box in the Puja Room or any other corner of the house as it is considered inauspicious.
5. The cash box should not be visible from the main entrance of the door as it is believed to drain the main from the house. Also, make sure the cash box or ornaments are not placed in front of the toilets or washroom as these places are considered inauspicious and don’t welcome the wealth and success.